- James reads Connor And His Amazing Ejector Boots at the Carers UK Poem-a-thon – June 2018.
- Speed Dating is published on the flash fiction website, 101 Words – June 2018
- James article ‘…Our Three Twins‘ is published in The Gudgeon – June 2018.
- Murder Most Kind is published on the flash fiction website, 101 Words and in Ad Hoc Fiction, Issue 145 – May 2018.
- James is at the Brighton Fringe Wordstock event reads Early Days for Rattle Tales and an extract of The Wrong Story for the Unbound Authors event – May 2018.
- The Wrong Story is on a Blog Book Tour – May 2018.
- James article ‘…Dog’s Life‘ is published in The Gudgeon – May 2018.
- James is a guest on the Frome FM Book Club and talks about An Other’s Look and how he came to write it – April 2018.
- James presents a follow up to the novel writing workshop, called Keeping Going with Writing Events – April 2018.
- Early Days is published in the Rattle Tales Brighton Prize anthology – April 2018.
- James article ‘…Crossing the Bridge‘ is published in The Gudgeon – April 2018.
- The Beast is published in The British Fantasy Society’s latest publication, BFS Horizons #6 – March 2018.
- James presents two novel writing workshops with Writing Events – March 2018.
- James article ‘…Swimming‘ is published in The Gudgeon – March 2018.
- James signs the contract with Unbound to publish his second novel, An Other’s Look – February 2018.
- James is the guest speaker at the Writing Events Memoir workshop – February 2018.
- James is the subject of ‘A Day In The Life…’ series in the local magazine, The Gudgeon – February 2018.
- James reads Early Days at the Carers UK creative writing celebration at The Roebuck in South-East London – November 2017.
- Coming out of the Upstairs is published by The Pygmy Giant – November 2017.
- The Beast is highly commended in the British Fantasy Society Short Story Competition – October 2017.
- The prose version of Early Days is highly commended in the short story category of the Carers UK’s Creative Writing and Photography Competition 2017 – October 2017.
- James is the guest speaker at the Writing Events workshop, What Does an Editor Do? – July 2017.
- James reads Early Days at the Rattle Tales readings – June 2017.
- The Wrong Story is launched at Burley Fisher Books in London – June 2017.
- Early Days is long listed by the BBC Writer’s room – April 2017.
- The Wrong Story is launched at Topping Books in Bath – April 2017.
- The Wrong Story is published on Friday, March 17 in Kindle and
paperback form – March 2017.
- James is the guest speaker at the Writing Events workshop, discussing crowdfunding – February 2017.
- James joins fiction writers Bette Adriaanse and James Benmore at Burley Fisher Bookshop on Kingsland Road in London to talk about their novels – October 2016.
- James joins fellow alumni and authors Kiran Millwood Hargrave, Bette Adriaanse and Chrissy Lee Jing-Jing for an evening of readings to Oxford University’s second-year MSt students – October 2016.
- The Wrong Story submitted to the Unbound editors – July 2016.
- The Therapist and The Fire Diver’s Assistant are published in the Rattle Tales 4 anthology – June 2016.
- The Wrong Story is 100% funded – May 2016.
- James’s article on crowdfunding is featured in Writers Reign magazine – April 2016.
- The Therapist is published in the Carers UK anthology: ‘No One Should Have To Care Alone’ – March 2016.
- The Fire Diver’s Assistant is published by the London Journal of Fiction – March 2016.
- The Wrong Story is accepted for publication, subject to crowdfunding – February 2016.
- James reads at The Brunswick in Brighton – February 2016.
- The Wrong Story is featured on Hookline Books ‘Discover New Writers’ page – January 2016.
- A Rare Bird is published by The Pygmy Giant – December 2015.
- The Therapist wins third place in the 2015 Carers UK creative writing competition – November 2015.
- James presents his paper on Muriel Spark and Flann O’Brien titled: Parallel Explorations of the Boundaries between Fiction and Real-life, at the International Flann O’Brien Society’s academic conference in Prague – September 2015.
- The Therapist is published by The Pygmy Giant – September 2015.
- James reads at the 2015 Brighton Fringe Festival for Rattle Tales – May 2015.